Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected level in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2). Rigorous systems and early intervention provide strong focus on supporting academic progress and teaching staff are highly attuned to the barriers that many of our pupils face. It is our responsibility as educators to ensure that the most disadvantaged have access to the same, if not improved, access to opportunities than their non-disadvantaged counterparts.
In 2018-19 OAMCUK received £10,400 for pupils who entered the academy at standards that meet the criteria for Catch Up Funding. Students will benefit from the following interventions:
- Nurture provision for identified students to enable catch up in a supported environment
- Additional time within English and maths to enable catch up for lowest ability students
- Differentiated resources for students who entered the academy below level
- Speech and language assessments and intervention for identified students to enable rapid progress and access to the curriculum
- External support for assessments of student need and further testing by the Educational Psychologist
For information on our catch-up premium, please click on the above button.
In this report you will find information on:
- How much premium our Academy received this year
- How we intend to spend the funding
- What we spent our funding on last year
- What difference this made to our students
- How we assessed the effect this had.